Friday 26 June 2009

FUNKY FOREST

During my final year of university I researched a lot of visual and interactive design, which then led up to my Crazy Landscape project being produced. One piece that I found extremely inspiring based on the context of my work was 'Funky Forest'.
It was an interactive installation that consisted of a room with projections onto each face and the floor. When a person stood against the wall, a tree would appear in the shape that they made as they stood against the wall - for instance standing straight would create a fairly upright tree, whilst splaying your arms and at least one leg - dependant on how many legs you have as to whether this is possible - would create a tree with branches that splayed in a similar way.
Along the floor and up the entrance ribbons (like those you get at the back of old corner shops) was a stream of virtual water that could be guided towards the trees by standing in front of the stream. Some clever coding and detection here. Something I'd very much like to achieve myself one day...

(click image for more)

No comments: