Wednesday 18 February 2009

THE FUTURE OF MUSIC (PART II)

In reflection of last year again, I posted up an item with the same name at around the same time. It was for the 'Jazzmutant Lemur' - a multi-touch device that sends wireless signals over a network and allows you to control many digital audio workstations - a favorite being Ableton. It is now in version 2.0 with a host of new features.



Due to the expensive (though reasonable I suppose) price tag, I shan't be getting one soon. There is a program, however, that emulates some of the features of a Lemur on an iPhone or iPod touch - it is called TouchOSC. I still haven't been convinced that an iPhone is really a worthy purchase, but this application alone has given me a new interest in touch-screen devices, especially when it comes to live performance in music and visuals (and visuals here too).


No comments: